As of today, I may have found a new favorite dish to add to my recipe book list. It’s a baked chicken recipe. By the way, I purchased the recipe book from a thrift store a couple of months ago. Yes, you read it right from a #thrifstore. The recipe book was in excellent condition and was only $2.00! One of my favorite things to do is collecting recipe books. Today, I chose to try this recipe for lunch. I was also curious about how it would taste. I added a little twist to it. Well, it was excellent! I’m so glad I tried.♥♥♥
I also cooked a Filipino dish called “Ginisang Kalabasa, Chayote and Carrots” to go with the baked chicken. The term “Ginisa” in English is called “Saute,” and yes, it’s delicious!
FOR THE CHICKEN
- Boneless chicken breast
- Nonfat mayonnaise
- Apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Black pepper
- Minced garlic
- Cooking spray
HOW TO COOK THE CHICKEN:
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, pepper, salt and garlic.
- Place a foil on a baking pan and then coat it with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken on the baking pan.
- Place the chicken inside the oven and bake it for 45 minutes.
- Let the juice cook the chicken.
- Once cook, slice the chicken and serve hot.
FOR THE SAUTEED VEGGIES
- Squash (peeled, sliced and cubed).
- Chayote squash (peeled, sliced and cubed)
- Sliced carrots
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- Minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 cup water
HOW TO COOK THE SAUTEED VEGGIES:
- On a heated pan, saute onion first. When onion turns transparent add the minced garlic.
- Add in carrots. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then, add both yellow squash and chayote squash. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of water.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let it simmer until the veggies are soft.
FOLLOW ME & LET’S CONNECT