Egg Rolls Recipe
In the Philippines, we called the egg rolls “Lumpiang Shanghai”. It is a deep fried appetizer consisting ground meat ( pork, beef, or turkey – depends on you ). The main stuffing is the ground meat, added with chopped onions, carrots,
2 lbs ground beef or pork
1 large onion finely chopped
1 large carrot peeled and shredded
1 cup parsley chopped
Minced garlic ( the amount you will add depends on your preference )
Spring Roll wrapper / lumpia wrapper
Salt ( for tasting )
Pepper ( depends on your preference )
2 tbsp soy sauce
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Lay out the wrapper in a diamond shape. Place 2 tbsp of the mixtured filling over a piece of spring roll wrapper / lumpia wrapper.
- Spread the filling then fold both sides of the wrapper. Roll the wrapper towards the top point. Seal it with a little water rub on the tip point of the wrapper.
HOW TO COOK:
- Heat a frying pan and add vegetable oil ( you can use canola oil if you want ). Make sure the oil is about 350 degrees.
- Add egg roll / lumpia rolls and let it cook until it’s golden brown.
- Place the cook egg rolls / lumpia rolls on your prepared dish and let it cool a little bit. Serve it with the sweet and sour sauce.