Filipino Dish: Pork Sinigang [ Pork Sour Stew ]
There are many variations amongst Filipinos when it comes to Sinigang (Sour Stew). This is my version of Pork Sinigang. Sinigang is served as a main dish for Filipinos. The ingredients of my version are listed below. This dish is usually served with rice and it is the perfect dish during chilly/cooler days.
2 Pounds Pork ( cut into half inch thick squares )
4-5 cups of water ( depends on your preferences )
4 Potatoes (peeled and cut into cubes)
3 corn on the cob (cut in halves)
4 Carrots ( peeled and cut into cubes)
1 Onion ( peeled and chopped )
1 pack of Tamarind Soup Base Mix
- In a pot, combine pork and water.
- In a medium heat, bring pot with the water and pork to a boil. Skim off scum until it’s all clear.
- Add the Tamarind Soup Base Mix. Continue on skimming off scum until it’s all clear.
- Add chopped onions.
is simmer untilthe meat is a little tender.
- Now, add the potatoes and carrots.
issimmer for another few minutes or until the meat is completely tender, also the carrots and potatoes are soft.
- Now, if you want to add a little kick to it. You can add at least 2 small hot chili peppers into it. ( I love it though ).
- SERVE HOT! (Serve it with rice ).
ENJOY! Hope you will give this a try and let me know what you think. I’ll be very happy to hear your feedback.